Building the whole musician. Engaging each student to develop strong basic skills in rhythm, technique, tone production, phrasing, and style encouraging musicianship beyond “playing the flute”. Development of efficient and effective practice habits, listening skills, music vocabulary, and music theory with the goal of instilling a life-long passion for playing and appreciating music.
- Private flute instructor; 1977 – present
- Currently Private teacher and flute section coach Westerly High School, Rhode Island
- Chamber music coach, Music Institute at Rhode Island College; 2012, 2014
- Adjunct flute instructor, Rhode Island College; 2007 – 2008
- White Mountain Flute Conservatory faculty; 2005 – 2006
- Adjudicator at many solo and ensemble festivals throughout New England.
- Performed in and attended numerous masterclasses with Jim Walker, Goran Marcusson, Trevor Wye, Robert Dick, and other renowned flutists.
- Music teacher K-12, Cranston Public Schools, RI; 1991 – 2017 (retired)
- Instrumental (woodwind, brass, percussion) instructor and middle school band director; pre-K-6 general music, recorder, and chorus.
- Flutist with RIWE (Rhode Island Wind Ensemble); 2015 – present
- Member of many performing chamber ensembles with harp, winds, guitar, and strings.
- Rhode Island Music Educators Association
- National Flute Association
- National Association for Music Education